We are a team of engineers, data enthusiasts, technicians, and innovators who have partnered with leading companies over the last two decades to help our clients introduce tech solutions and services that fuel their modernization efforts.
As a DevOps/Cloud Architect with SQA Group, you will provide hands-on leadership to inspire personnel and build brand credibility by 1) listening to and understanding client business/technology initiatives; and 2) prescribing solution options to IT Executives. This role is focused on client success, solutions delivery, and is responsible for large or complex project execution or multi-project execution.
This is a Consultant role; the location for this role will be determined by the client project.
The successful candidate for this role:
- Serves as a subject matter expert and thought leader in DevOps best practices
- Has a deep understanding of Agile development and DevOps culture and mindset providing leadership throughout entire lifecycle
- Understands the direction set by senior management as it relates to strategic goals
- Has the ability to conduct analysis and provide recommendations for complex solutions
- Architects and acts in leadership role as DevOps/Cloud Architect on client engagements
- Strong problem skills leveraging the latest trends and technologies in DevOps, cloud, big data, and AI/ML
- Up to 100% billable on client engagements
- 10+ years’ current experience as architect and developer – a “guru-level” coder who remains completely hands-on
- Strong consulting and technical advisory experience in software/IT services
- Experience architecting CI/CD workflows and tools such as Azure DevOps, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy (AWS), GitLab, Bamboo, Team City, in particular Jenkins and Google Cloud Build
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager
- Experience with cloud native approach such as containers (Docker, Kubernetes), microservices architecture, and continuous delivery
- Hands-on programming experience in languages such as Java, .NET, Python, Ruby, Go, Swift, or other object-oriented languages
- Understanding of deployment strategies such as canary, blue green, rolling, and A/B testing
- Experience with infrastructure management and monitoring including diagnosing performance and scalability issues
- Test Environment Management (TEM) experience especially with using CI/CD and Virtualization/Containerization
- Cloud migration strategy experience
- Hands on experience with TDD/test automation tools and frameworks in CI/CD pipeline and/or designing test strategy
- Experience designing and implementing Cloud based applications (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Enterprise Security and familiarity with DevSecOps practices
- Familiarity with data storage and data processing tools techniques particularly in cloud native environments
Our core values deeply inform who we are, how we think and how we choose to show up. We lead from a place of empathy and understanding; we celebrate authenticity; we balance dreaming of what’s possible with pragmatism; we choose to take the path not yet traveled; and we always choose growth.
“From the start, everyone at SQA Group made me feel very welcome. The hiring and onboarding process was seamless, including regular one-on-ones that were informal in nature and allowed me to get more familiar with the job itself and with SQA Group as a company. What stands out for me about the company and its people is the level of personability and their willingness to help and make you feel comfortable. They make sure you have all the resources needed to be efficient and productive.”
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at SQA Group! SQA Group is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities above are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.