**This is a Contract Role***
SQA Group is a tech and advisory services firm helping companies maximize two business differentiators — quality and data. We help both tech and business leaders see around corners, stand-up new capabilities, and elevate software quality and data as competitive advantages that help drive towards next.
SQA Group is partnering with a leading commercial insurer in Providence, RI to help support their development of technology solutions. We are looking for a Scrum Master to create, teach and help teams maintain Agile performance metrics like Velocity, Lead/Cycle Time, Technical Debt, Automation, etc.
What You’ll Do
- Ability to support transformation by modeling, coaching, and teaching
- Able to challenge and remove team, organizational and/or cultural impediments promoting and supporting change that increases the Scrum teams’ productivity
- Able to resolve conflicts within the team before they become an issue – strong facilitator
- Agile champion, promoter, protector, and team coach
- Able to problem-solve and perform causal analysis (e.g. Lean)
- Able to create, teach and help teams maintain Agile performance metrics like Velocity, Lead/Cycle Time, Technical Debt, Automation, etc.
What You Bring
- 4 plus years of combined experience working in complex Agile environment with multiple teams and dependencies in an enterprise organization
- 2 plus years of experience as a Scrum Master working with multiple teams in a complex environment
- Experience enabling transformations and onboarding new teams to Agile ways of working. Must understand and be skilled at teaching the foundational basics with strong presentation of the ‘why’
- Experience working in scaling Agile environment using SAFe or similar frameworks would be nice to have
- Experience working with Agile tools e.g. Jira, Rally, ADO, VersionOne, etc.
- Exposure to modern engineering practices like UTDD, ATDD, Test Automation CI/CD, etc.
- Background in software engineering or business analysis of minimum 2 years is desirable
- Knowledge and expertise in Lean and Agile frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.Understanding of one or more Scaling Agile frameworks is desirable – e.g. SAFe
- Strong facilitation and communication skills: ability to facilitate teams through tough conversations and maintain a positive and supportive team environment
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at SQA Group! This role is fully remote. SQA Group is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities above are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.