SQA Group is a technology and advisory services firm in growth mode, partnering with Fortune 500 companies, large enterprises and mid-market organizations to help our clients drive transformation. We introduce a blend of emerging technology solutions, data science services, and consulting services to fuel our clients’ modernization initiatives.
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you will use an analytical approach to testing and support complex integrated systems and IT services. This role is best suited for a team player with strong testing fundamentals and hands-on experience with backend test automation.
This role location is a hybrid of mostly remote work with the expectation that the Engineer is able to be on-site in Boston as/when needed.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate within x-functional project team(s) to implement complex business solutions
- Develop a deep understanding of our business processes, systems, and services
- Analyze business requirements for conversion into test strategy and test cases
- Identify ambiguities, gaps, and risks that have not yet been considered in user stories
- Define test strategies, analyze test results, assess quality risk, and understand the root cause of defects
- Perform manual validation of Java applications, web services, data feeds, and n-tiered systems including UI, API level, and database-level validation
- Code and execute complex SQL queries that validate data from source to target tables
- Write test cases and test automation in the required programming language (Python, Java, ETL scripts)
- Design and create test strategies that leverage reusable and scalable testing scripts and/or templates
- Partner with project managers and technical teams in improving and optimizing our DevOps processes to ensure high quality and on-time releases
- Play a major role in championing the importance in quality improvement across all areas of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Provide mentoring and knowledge sharing with members of the QA Team
What You Bring
- 6+ years experience in Quality Assurance and/or relevant work experience
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a team with an emphasis on collaboration and relationship building
- Proficient in QA methodologies and testing using a variety of techniques
- Adept at documenting test plans, test cases, and test architecture
- SQL proficiency for database enhancements and data validation
- Experience working with API and backend testing activities including data and large volumes of data moving between different backend technologies
- In-depth debugging skills for finding the root cause of defects and/or incidents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to concisely articulate your assumptions, strategy, and findings to stakeholders at various levels
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be able to juggle work based on changing priorities
- Respectful & approachable style
- Ability to be flexible, open-minded, and comfortable with changing responsibilities and duties as new and additional needs become known
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at SQA Group! SQA Group is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities above are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.