SQA Group is a technology and advisory services firm in growth mode, partnering with Fortune 500 companies, large enterprises and mid-market organizations to help our clients craft a culture of continuous transformation. We introduce a blend of emerging technology solutions, data science services, and consulting services to fuel our clients’ modernization initiatives. We help them accelerate to next.
We are seeking a Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test to assist with the maturation and rationalization of existing test automation approaches to improve stability, reduce maintenance, and increase integration with the overall SDLC and the build and release process. To build a “best in class” approach to test automation, our team will look to increase test automation, including expanded testing at the API level.
Approach will involve defining target “model state” approach to test automation appropriate to industry, culture, and existing technical stack and toolsets. This will include developing a recommended approach, roadmap, and notional schedule for implementation. The implementation phase will include standing up an extensible end to end automation test strategy and framework (unit, api level, and gui functional tests) that will support a diverse and emerging tech stack that includes on-premise systems, cloud, API, mobile, and batch processes. This process will leverage existing team resources with varying skillsets and could include a variety of tools.
Critical Success Factors:
- Experience defining enterprise approaches to test automation
- 5 + years of experience in designing and implementing repeatable automation test frameworks utilizing open source and commercial tools
- Strong experience in integrating functional test automation into Agile methodologies and integrating test automation into continuous build processes
- Ability to develop and extend a functioning modular test automation framework consisting of a variety of test tools (Selenium, Protractor, etc.) and scripting languages (Java, Python, C#, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to develop automated scripts
- Experience with a variety test data provisioning utilities
This is a Consulting position
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at SQA Group! SQA Group is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities above are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.