**This is a Consulting Role**
For more than two decades, SQA Group’s team of technicians, engineers and innovators have helped our clients harness the power of technological innovation and human ingenuity to advance to their next era of impact. We help our clients incorporate the latest technologies — artificial intelligence, predictive intelligence, RPA, DevOps, machine learning, and so on — so that they can fortify their impact today, while never losing sight of what comes next.
As an Automation Engineer at SQA Group, you will work directly with our clients — Fortune 500 companies, large enterprises, and mid-market organizations — to drive quality engineering implementation, automation strategies and frameworks, and overarching transformation efforts.
This is a Consultant role; the location for this role will be determined by the client project.
What You’ll Do:
Our in-house technical leadership team will provide continual partnership and support to you, as you tackle the following for our clients:
- Implement test automation scripts using techniques such as BDD and TDD in Agile environments
- Provide recommendations as needed around test automation tools, techniques, and testing approach
- Assist as need with setting up CI/CD pipeline for continuous testing
Who You Are:
- Advanced hands-on programming skills including strong design principles and ability to write maintainable and extensible code, particularly in OO languages
- Strong understanding of test automation tools, techniques, and testing approaches
- Preferred experience serving as Senior SDET or Test Automation Engineer
- Self-starter, technical problem solver and troubleshooter
- Hands-on experience with test automation frameworks, preferably Selenium, Appium, or Cypress
- Knowledge of testing, preferably including:
- Unit testing (pytest, TestNG, NUnit)
- TDD/BDD (Behave, Cucumber, Specflow)
- UI Test automation, particularly Selenium
- API testing (postman, restassured, karate)
- Database Validation (SQL)
- Integration testing
- Experience with CI/CD (such as Jenkins, Gitlab, Azure DevOps) is a plus
“From the start, everyone at SQA Group made me feel very welcome. The hiring and onboarding process was seamless, including regular one-on-ones that were informal in nature and allowed me to get more familiar with the job itself and with SQA Group as a company. What stands out for me about the company and its people is the level of personability and their willingness to help and make you feel comfortable. They make sure you have all the resources needed to be efficient and productive.”
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at SQA Group! SQA Group is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities above are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.