**This is a Consulting Role**
We are growing our Advanced Analytics team!
SQA Group is a tech and advisory services firm helping companies maximize two business differentiators — quality and data. We help tech and business leaders see around corners, stand-up new capabilities, and elevate software quality and data as competitive advantages that help drive towards next. We are looking to provide support to our in-house Analytics team with Data Engineers to support upcoming client projects.
Our work centers largely around helping our clients embrace a whole-of-organization approach to data elevation and acceleration. We are seeking experienced Data Engineers to design, build and integrate data pipelines from various sources; assemble large, complex sets of data that meet non-functional and functional business requirements; and ensure that data models run reliably in production.
What You’ll Do
- Build and maintain architecture to support large volume data processing and storage, including Big Data
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes
- Manage data warehouses and lakes, data applications and data production systems including curation of data, management of pipelines, and delivery to analysts, data scientists, and other users
- Integrate data into data warehouse & data lake using ETL & ELT processes while ensuring constant data integrity
- Build required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources using various SQL & NoSQL databases, cloud and on-premises services, and data integration tools
- Build analytical tools that utilize the data pipeline, providing actionable insight into key business performance metrics including operational efficiency and customer acquisition
- Work directly with stakeholders including Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to support their data infrastructure needs while assisting with data-related technical issues.
What You Bring
Demonstrated understanding and experience using software and tools including:
- Understanding of relational and non-relational data models; structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data; and the unique challenges presented by big data sets
- Big data tools like Hadoop, Kafka, and Spark
- NoSQL databases including Cosmos, Couchbase, Cassandra, MongoDB, or Google Firestore
- SQL databases including PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, or Oracle
- Workflow management or pipeline tools such as Airflow, Luigi or Azkaban
- Cloud services including AWS (Redshift, RDS, EMR or EC2) and Azure (Data Factory, Databricks, or Stream Analytics)
- Data integration & ETL/ELT tools such as dbt, Fivetran, or Talend
- Object-oriented programming languages including Scala, C++, Java or Python
This is a sampling of the skills that would be helpful in this role. This is not an exhaustive list; nor are all of the above required. We are building a dynamic team, so if you are an experienced Data Engineer with any of the above skills, we’d love to talk to you!
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at SQA Group! This role is fully remote. SQA Group is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities above are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.