**This is a Consulting Role**
We are growing our Advanced Analytics team!
SQA Group is a tech and advisory services firm helping companies maximize two business differentiators — quality and data. We help tech and business leaders see around corners, stand-up new capabilities, and elevate software quality and data as competitive advantages that help drive towards next. We are looking to provide support to our in-house Analytics team with Machine Learning Engineers to support upcoming client projects in a Consultant fashion.
Our work centers largely around helping our clients embrace a whole-of-organization approach to data elevation and acceleration. We are seeking an experienced ML Engineer to design, develop, implement, and maintain machine learning systems that predict outcomes and solve real business problems.
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop, and implement machine learning models/applications
- Define machine learning projects and gather technical requirements
- Aggregate and clean data to ready it for ML applications
- Use statistical approaches to explore data and identify models that are an appropriate fit to achieve project objectives
- Evaluate model performance using appropriate metrics, such as accuracy, precision, and recall or R-square and RMSE
- Refine models and deploy to production
- Monitor and maintain models in production including retraining when necessary
- Build data pipelines to feed ML models with large volumes of data
- Work with a multi-talented data & analytics team including data scientists, data engineers, and data analysts
What You Bring
- Experience training and running machine learning models in production to solve real business problems
- Aptitude for developing optimized data platforms and retraining, monitoring, and maintaining models in production
- Understanding of different machine learning approaches (supervised, semi-supervised, and unsupervised)
- Strong statistical knowledge and analytical skills
- Programming with R, Python, Scala, or Java
- Comfort with SQL a plus
- Data science & machine learning packages/frameworks including:
- Helpful: Natural Language Understanding or Processing (NLU/NLP) & Sentiment Analysis, Image & Video Recognition, Optical Character Recognition (OCR), Anomaly Detection, and other applications
- Ethical commitment to responsibility and explainability in development of models/algorithms
This is a sampling of the skills that would be helpful in this role. This is not an exhaustive list; nor are all of the above required. We are building a dynamic team, so if you are an experienced ML Engineer with any of the above skills, we’d love to talk to you!
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at SQA Group! This role is fully remote. SQA Group is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities above are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.