SQA Group is a technology and advisory services firm in growth mode, partnering with Fortune 500 companies, large enterprises and mid-market organizations to help our clients drive transformation. We introduce a blend of emerging technology solutions, data science services, and consulting services to fuel our clients’ modernization initiatives.
We are looking for a specialized Automation Engineer to help our client advance their automation program. During this initiative, two major types of application categories have been identified, webapps & desktops, along with representative applications with a backlog of tests to be automated. The Automation Engineer will focus primarily on webapp and potentially on desktop applications in the future as needed. The Test Automation Engineer will be responsible for hands on coding of test automation framework and test scripts in Python. The Automation Engineer will work in collaboration with the Sr. Test Automation Architect who will lead the design of the test framework and approach.
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement test automation frameworks for web applications using Python and Selenium
- Implement test automation scripts in Python, preferably using Selenium, pytest, behave, or other tools and technologies recommended by the Sr. Architect
- Provide recommendations as needed around test automation tools, techniques, and testing approach
- Assist as need with setting up CI/CD pipeline using Gitlab
What You Bring:
- Advanced hands-on programming skills including strong design principles and ability to write maintainable and extensible code, particularly in Python
- Strong understanding of test automation tools, techniques, and testing approaches
- Preferred experience serving as Senior SDET or Test Automation Engineer
- Self-starter, technical problem solver and troubleshooter
- Hands-on experience with test automation frameworks, preferably Selenium or Appium
- Knowledge of testing, preferably including:
- Unit testing (pytest, TestNG)
- TDD/BDD (Behave, Cucumber)
- UI Test automation, particularly Selenium
- Integration testing
- Experience with CI/CD (Gitlab) is a plus
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at SQA Group! SQA Group is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities above are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.