Do you believe all companies are data companies? Light up talking to leaders about the positive impact data can have when it sits at the foundation of all strategic business decisions? Love sharing your predictions about how data will forever shift the business climate and preparing companies for next? Believe data approaches require both a visionary and technical perspective?
Then we want to meet you.
At SQA Group, a New England-based technology and advisory services firm in growth mode, we are looking for a technical and business leader to head up our fast-accelerating Data Practice. As head of our Data Practice, you will work in partnership with our Executive Leadership team on conceptualizing, building and overseeing a top 1%, high-impact business unit that helps our clients transform into data-driven entities. From working directly with our clients on architecting data solutions to building a business unit go-to-market strategy to managing a team of data professionals, you will play a pivotal role in helping us build a thriving business unit.
What You’ll Do:
- In partnership with our Leadership Team, conceptualize, execute, and oversee the Data business unit: work in collaboration with our heads of Sales and Marketing on creating an effective go-to-market strategy aligned to revenue and target goals; advise on portfolio of offerings, ideal customer profiles and target markets; and set benchmarks for measuring business unit profitability and client impact
- Create, manage, and lead practice resourcing strategies, technical team requirements and solutions needs
- Oversee all Data Practice client engagements from generating initial proposals with sales to determining resourcing needs to overseeing delivery and client satisfaction
- Participate in routine client meetings with C-suite and departmental leaders to help uncover data-related pains and opportunities that lead to engagement and long-lasting client partnerships
- Create and advise on technology roadmap and partner strategy to accelerate/support service offerings
- Keep abreast of shifting industry trends and macro shifts to ensure SQA Group’s Data Practice addresses relevant and emerging needs
- Help create intellectual property and proprietary SQA Group methodologies for business unit that demonstrate subject matter expertise, differentiation and premium value brand
- Serve as SQA Group’s chief Data subject matter expert: leading seminars and workshops, regularly producing original blog copy, engaging on social media, and continually demonstrating thought leadership
- Manage small teams of FTEs and Consultants and work efforts at a client, or by leading co-engineering efforts
What You Bring:
- 10+ years’ experience working in a data capacity to include standing up data functions from scratch and a perspective on leading edge or emerging technologies to include concepts such as machine learning etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver on complex projects with many different components and work streams
- Experience leading projects and understanding what makes them successful including managing budget, meeting client needs, and leading a team
- Up to date on the latest tools and concepts
- Understanding and familiarity with current data science trends
- Experience building a data science solution for a client by researching the latest tools and processes
- Excellent negotiation, change management, problem solving and decision-making skills
- C-level written and oral communications and presentation skills
What We Bring:
We provide extensive training and onboarding, excellent benefits, a true open-door policy, transparency, coaching, mentorship, and a culture you can rely upon to develop you personally and professionally
From day one, your opinions and ideas will start impacting our business and culture where we encourage you to “show up to level up” and value everyone’s contributions in developing and delivering customized solutions for our clients
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at SQA Group! SQA Group is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities above are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.